• Creator
    Topic
    NaHaZo TeamNaHaZo Team
    • Topics 2
    • Replies 6
    @lydia

Hello,

Anyone out there?

I would like to start a challenge, as a headstart to the new year, to help with caring for my hair by practicing good practices. I intend to:-

1. Drink 1,5l of water everyday.

2. Moisturise my hair minimum X4 times a week.

3. Take supplements (Vit B12, Magnesium and Vitamin C).

Length of Challenge: 3 months. 17 November 2023 – 17 February 2023.

I will be putting in a protective style on 17 November 2023 (for maybe 2 months) and so keen to care for my hair during this time.

Is anyone interested in doing a hair challenge before the New Year and all its resolutions? Let me know and we can keep one another accountable with updates and even pics (if you are brave :-)).

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      MaureenkaMaureenka
      Participant
      • Topics 0
      • Replies 3
      @maureenka

Hi Lydia, Happy new year :-).

Hope you had a great start to the new year. I have been travelling, so been unable to update. Also have neglected my hair, but keen to start up again for the new year. I am currently still in my holiday braids and will do a treatment this coming week as I have neglected it with swimming and not moisturising. I want to realise my hair goals this year and I know this forum will keep me honest.

NaHaZo TeamNaHaZo Team
      • Topics 2
      • Replies 6
      @lydia

Hello,

Checking in with a hair update. I missed last week Sunday as it is crazy moving season currently, but popping in to give an update.

These last two weeks I have been semi-consistent with my regime. I have moisturised my hair atleast X4 times in the week, despite having a particularly demanding week. I did not get to do my bi-monthly deep conditioning treatment, but will factor it in for next week. Hopefully I should be settled in. Water drinking and taking on my pills has also been up and down, but atleast X4 a month. Just rolling with the punches, and keeping at it – even though the routine has not been great. It is good enough.

What I have learnt – I need to avoid getting my hair wet in the shower, as it is drying. Rather use leave-in conditioner as my liquid. Also, alternate my coffee water and clove oil with aloe juice and glycerine, as coffee and clove oil combo, though it rescued my bald patches, is quite drying.

My goal is to realise 2 inches of growth after the 3-month protective styling period.

NaHaZo TeamNaHaZo Team
      • Topics 2
      • Replies 6
      @lydia

Hello.

I hope you have had a supper hair week. Just a quick update from my side.

7-day update: 1. I have drank 1,5l of water X6 times this week, moisturized my hair X6 times this week, and also been consistent with taking my pills X6 times this week.

So far, week one has been a good week in terms of following through with my regime, except for the one day when I did not prioritize it in my busy day. No wash day this week, but I hope to add a molasses conditioning treatment next week.

How has your hair week been my lovelies?

MaureenkaMaureenka
      Participant
      • Topics 0
      • Replies 3
      @maureenka

Sunday posts sounds like a good idea. I will try post on that day as well or saturday.

Good luck to us 🙂

NaHaZo TeamNaHaZo Team
        • Topics 2
        • Replies 6
        @lydia

Good luck to us :-). Looking forward to our updates.

MaureenkaMaureenka
      Participant
      • Topics 0
      • Replies 3
      @maureenka

Hi Lydia,

Nice to meet you. Oh wow. Love the idea of a challenge before the new year. Count me in.
      Challenge:
      1. Keep my hair in protective styling for 3 months (wish me luck).
      2. Wash and condition bi-monthly.
      3. Moisturise hair X3 a week.

I am a lazy natural, but want to grow my hair as it is stuck at shoulder length. Excited to give this a try.

NaHaZo TeamNaHaZo Team
        • Topics 2
        • Replies 6
        @lydia

Hello Maureen, Welcome to NaHaZo. Let’s do this.

I am so excited about our very first hair challenge. I am a lazy natural too, but have just adopted a few good hair habits. :-).

My protective style is currently wigs (my hair is in medium cornrows under the wigs).

I am currently at collarbone length and have also been here for quite a while due to a number of lazy natural habits. But I am determined to push past that in the new year.

Feel free to post updates, questions, and any pics as and when –  no pressure. I hope to post at least once a week on Sunday (keeps me honest) and update on my weekly progress.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.